Date(s) - 29/05/2019
8:30 am - 4:45 pm
The University Club of New York
Categories No Categories
Key steps to success: managing a start-up or emerging hedge fund in 2019
08:30 Registration & Coffee
09:00 Panel Discussion: Legal & Fund Structure
• What are the main offshore structuring considerations for US managers when setting up offshore alternative fund vehicles?
• Management company considerations – defining the economic interests of the partners
• How best to determine the fund’s fee structure
09:40 Expert Feature Presentation
09:55 Panel Discussion: Operational Due Diligence
• What are the main ODD issues for start-up managers to focus on?
• Investor expectations
• Building a culture of compliance
10:35 Networking Coffee Break and Q&A
10:55 Panel Discussion: Cybersecurity
• Securing the perimeter – key tools and metrics
• How to establish cyber best practices
• Try, try and try again – the importance of training and incident response planning
11:35 Expert Feature Presentation
11:50 Fund Manager Case Study
12:30 Panel Discussion: Fee Structure
• What are the main points to consider re: fee issues
• How best to establish fee alignment with investors
• Importance of founder share classes
13:10 Networking Lunch and Q&A
14:20 Fund Manager Case Study
12:30 Panel Discussion: Selecting the Right Service Providers
• The importance of the prime broker, the fund administrator, the outsourced risk provider and the technology partner in supporting an alternative fund
• The merits/limitations of outsourcing and managed services
• What do investors expect to see in terms of day 1 operational infrastructure?
15:40 Expert Feature Presentation
15:55 Panel Discussion: The Fund Raising Process
• What are the different distribution channels that start-up managers should be aware of?
• What steps need to be taken to attract seed investors?
• What are the dos and don’ts when it comes to fund raising? What are the typical mistakes that managers make?
16:45 Drinks Reception – Event Concludes